Crochet Blogs: Join
Rules of the Ring
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for (and to stay in) the ring.
- Your site must be a blog. Not a regular web site, not a photo album, not a store nor a shop, nor anything else other than a blog.
- Include high quality crochet content in your blog posts on a regular basis.
- Write a new blog post at least once a month.
- If your blog is new, wait to join until you have made several posts with good crochet content.
- Always have your ring code correct and clearly visible on the main page of your blog—preferably in your sidebar, and certainly not jammed down at the bottom where nobody will see it.
- No excessive profanity. While the occasional curse word is tolerable, if a generous dose of profanity is a usual part of your writing, this is not the ring for you.
- Don't violate copyright.
- Update your information (new URL, new e-mail, new blog title) when it changes. If you move your blog to a new URL, it is not enough to put the ring code on your new blog. You must also log in to RingSurf and update your info there.
Further clarification can be found in the FAQ.
Joining the Ring
This is how the process works.
- Read all of the rules above.
- Read all of the steps below before proceeding.
- Fill out the join form and submit it.
- You will be directed to a page that will give you your ring code.
- You will automatically receive an e-mail with your ring code, site ID, password, and other important information. Save it for your records. This is not a notification that you have been accepted into the ring.
- Put the ring code on your blog preferably immediately, but no later than one week after joining.
- Until I have approved your blog, the Previous and Next links in your ring code will lead to a RingSurf page that says you are still in the queue.
- I will personally review your blog.
- If I approve your blog, you will automatically receive an e-mail saying your blog has been approved for membership in the ring.